CHOCOLATE PEANUT CLUSTERS
This Recipe Makes ± 20 Bite Sized Clusters
Chocolate-covered or chocolate-coated peanuts are a well-known mass distributing item. They comprise of peanuts covered in a shell of milk chocolate. They have a notoriety in numerous nations of being eaten in film theaters & are most commonly purchased from the concession counter.
In South Africa, we often find these chocolate delights at the counter of our local grocery stores.
Chocolate Peanut Clusters Ingredients:
- 150 grams milk chocolate
- 150 grams salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- Bring out the chocolate. I have used Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate but you may use whatever brand you prefer.
- Break the milk chocolate slab into pieces & place into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add in the peanut butter.
- Microwave the chocolate pieces along with the peanut butter for 30 seconds & then remove from the microwave & give it a mix using a regular spoon.(Make sure that the spoon is dry as one drop of liquid into the melted chocolate could seize it & make it unusable). The chocolate should be slightly melted at this point after mixing.
- After giving the chocolate a mix, place the bowl back into the microwave for another 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave once again & mix. At this point it should be thoroughly melted. If not just keep microwaving at small intervals, making sure to always remove & stir the chocolate so that it does not burn.
- If you do not have a microwave, then you can melt the chocolate on the stove-top. Place chocolate in a heat resistant bowl. Set chocolate pieces in the base of your metal or glass bowl, ensuring it’s heat resistant. Bring an inch of water to a boil in your pot. Set the heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, ensuring the water doesn’t touch the base of the bowl. Mix chocolate periodically as it melts. When you have only a couple of little unmelted lumps, expel bowl from the mouth of the pot filled with boiling water. The remaining warmth will soften the rest of the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add in the salted peanuts.
- Stir in the peanuts, making sure they are all coated with the chocolate.
- Next, you may use the bite-sized cupcake liners or silicone molds & fill them up with spoonful’s of the peanut & chocolate mix.
- Next place the into the refrigerator & chill for about 30 minutes. It should be solid, if not then allow to chill for a few minutes longer.
- If you do not have any liners or moulds, simply spoon them onto baking paper.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has set.
- Once all the clusters are set they are ready to be served.
- They can be served as is or as a side to any dessert, including cake toppings for decor.
- Store the clusters in an airtight container in the refrigerator. These Chocolate Peanut Clusters store for up to a month.