This Recipe Makes ± 24 Biscuits (2 Dozens)
Butter Biscuits (Cookies) are the basics of all biscuits. They are simply irresistible & super easy to make.
If you are looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth, these biscuits (cookies) are always perfect. They are flop proof & can be shaped to your desire.
Butter Biscuits Ingredients:
- 250 grams butter / margarine, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup icing (confectionery) sugar
- ½ cup corn flour (maziena)
- sprinkles for decorating (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or wax paper & set aside.
- Sift the all purpose flour.
- Sift the corn flour (maziena).
- Make sure the butter / margarine is at room temperature & add it to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the icing (confectionery) sugar.
- Cream the butter / margarine & the icing (confectionery) sugar until pale white in colour. This can be done by hand using a wooden spoon or with an electric mixer.
- Add in the salt, vegetable oil & the vanilla essence.
- Thereafter, add in the sifted corn flour (maziena).
- Then add in the sifted all purpose flour.
- Roughly mix using a wooden spoon.
- Next, use your hands to bring the dough together.
- This dough can be rolled out & shaped as desired or it may be added into a biscuit (cookie) gun to create beautiful shapes. My biscuit gun however refused to work so I improvised.
- Pinch off a small portion of the dough & roll into balls.
- Place the balls onto a counter top.
- Take a stencil (I have used one that came with my biscuit gun) & place it over a ball of dough.
- Gently press the stencil down.
- Carefully lift out the stencil & you’re left with a cool design.
- Continue the same process for the rest.
- You may use as many designs as you desire.
- Place them onto the lined baking tray.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven at 180° Celsius.
- Carefully remove the biscuits from the hot tray onto a cooling rack & allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Plate & serve.
- Store these Butter Biscuits in an airtight container for up to a month.
- If you enjoyed these Butter Biscuits, you may also enjoy these varieties of biscuits (cookies).