This Recipe Makes 1 Loaf
If you love bananas then this Banana Bread recipe is a perfect any time of day treat. This recipe results in by far the best Banana Bread I have ever tasted. It is super moist & the butter & golden/maple syrup smothered over just adds the perfect contrast to this delicious loaf.
It does take about an hour to bake but trust me it is worth every second. I gobbled up half of this loaf in a few minutes because it was just so good, especially when it comes straight out the oven.
Banana Bread is a sort of bread produced using mashed up bananas. It is a sweet, moist cake-like bread. It is best to use ripe bananas for this recipe.
Banana Bread Ingredients:
- 110 grams butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
For the topping:
- 40 grams butter (3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons golden or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius or 356° Fahrenheit.
- Add the butter to a medium/large mixing bowl.
- Next, pour in the brown sugar.
- Cream the butter & the sugar together. You may use an electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
- Thereafter, crack in 1 egg.
- Mix until the egg is combined & then crack in the second egg.
- Mix until combined. It should only be for a few seconds as you do not want to over mix.
- Get out your ripe bananas.
- Peel the bananas, break them into pieces & place in another bowl.
- Using a fork or a masher, mash the bananas.
- Add the mashed bananas to the other mixture.
- Mix until combined.
- Next, add in the salt, cinnamon powder & baking powder.
- Roughly mix & add in the vanilla essence & the milk.
- Finally, add in the all purpose flour.
- Mix well.
- Grease a loaf pan with a layer of butter or spray & cook. Pour the batter into the grease pan.
- Place the loaf pan in the preheated oven & baked for 1 hour. When done, insert a knife or toothpick & if it still comes out a bit wet then bake for a further 10 minutes. If it comes out dry then remove the loaf from the oven.
- My loaf has a few burnt edges but that is because I have a gas oven with an actual flame in the oven. If you have a conventional oven you will not incur this dilemma. My husband loves it with the scorch marks so even if you do burn it slightly, it isn’t a train smash – it will still be devoured within seconds after it’s baked.
- Carefully remove the Banana Bread from the pan & place on a cooling rack.
- Whilst the loaf cools, begin preparing your golden/maple butter.
- Place the butter & the golden or maple syrup into a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for a few seconds until the butter has melted.
- Mix well so that both the golden/maple syrup & the butter are well combined.
- Using a pastry brush, brush over the melted butter & golden/maple syrup over, making sure to get in between all the nooks & cracks.
- Your Banana Bread is ready to be eaten.
- You can also slice the loaf & smear the butter mixture over & enjoy.
- Enjoy with a hot beverage such as tea, coffee or even Turkish Coffee.
- Once sliced, the loaf should be super moist & fluffy.
- If you’re as crazy as I am, you can choose to dunk the bread in the butter mixture whilst eating. I simply love doing this.
- This Banana Bread can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.