This Recipe Makes 1 Dozen (12) Muffins
Oatmeal Muffins are delicious & will keep you really full just by gobbling a few of them. It is a quick breakfast meal or a delicious snack which can be consumed any time of day.
These muffins also help with constipation, lower blood sugar levels, increase growth of good bacteria in the digestive tract, reduce blood sugar & insulin response, etc.
I must admit that they may seem chewy & under-cooked but that’s just how the texture of these muffins are because during the process of making them, we will be soaking the oats first.
Oatmeal Muffins Ingredients:
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- additional oats for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°F.
- Place the oats into a bowl.
- Pour the milk into the bowl of oats & allow the oats to soak for 15 minutes before proceeding to the next step.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the flour.
- Thereafter, add in the brown sugar.
- Next, add in the baking powder & the salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients until combined,
- In a separate bowl, crack in the egg.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bowl with the egg.
- Beat using a whisk or a fork.
- Next, pour the egg & oil mixture into the soaked milky oats.
- Mix well.
- Next, pour the oat mixture into the flour mixture.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well combined..
- Grease a muffin tray with either butter or spray & cook. Thereafter you may add cupcake liners if you wish or you can just spoon in the batter without the liners, like I have done.
- This step is optional. Sprinkle over some dried oats.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the Oatmeal Muffins from the muffin tray & place them on a cooling rack to cool a bit.
- The Oatmeal Muffins are ready to be served.
- Store them in an airtight container for up to a week.
- When you break the muffins, you will notice how fluffy & soft they are.