AIR FRIED MASALA CORN
This Recipe Makes 4 Corns
Air Fried Masala Corn is so easy to make in the Air Fryer. Usually this is made by either roasting or boiling the corn but that can take some time as compared to preparing them in the Air Fryer.
With this recipe, you can also tone down or up the spices according to your taste.
Air Fried Spicy Green Peas Ingredients:
- 4 whole sweet corns
- olive oil as needed
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring out those Sweet Corns.
- Remove any husks on the corn & carefully cut them in halves & then into halves once more.
- The corn should have a flat surface on one side – I prefer them this way as I find the corn evenly cooks without any waste of the spices as well.
- Place the corn pieces onto the air fryer trays (or into the air fryer basket).
- Next, add a little olive oil into a bowl.
- Brush the olive oil over each piece of corn.
- Place the trays into the Air Fryer Oven (or pop the air fryer basket into the Air Fryer).
- I have placed one tray right over the drip tray & the other tray closely above the bottom one (this will prevent the corn from being too close to the element & burning them).
- Press the “Air Fry” button on the Instant Vortex Air Fryer Oven. Adjust the “Time” to 00:06 (06 Minutes) & the “Temperature” to 180° Celsius. There is no need to Preheat the Air Fryer.
- Once the Air Fryer turns off, remove the trays of corn or air fryer basket from the Air Fryer.
- To a microwave safe bowl, add in the butter or margarine.
- Microwave for ±20 seconds until melted.
- To the melted butter or margarine, add the parsley, chili powder or masala & salt.
- Mix well until it forms a paste.
- Brush the paste over the corn.
- Pop it back into the Air Fryer & press the “Air Fry” button on the Instant Vortex Air Fryer Oven. Adjust the “Time” to 00:08 (08 Minutes) & the “Temperature” to 180° Celsius. There is no need to Preheat the Air Fryer.
- Once done, remove the trays of corn or air fryer basket from the Air Fryer.
- Plate the corn as desired.
- These Air Fried Masala Corn are ready to be enjoyed.
- Serve them as is or as a side. They go perfect with roast dinners or lunches & they are also perfect for braais.