CHICKEN NAAN FOLD OVERS
This Recipe Makes 4-6 Fold Overs
These Chicken Naan Fold Overs make such great lunches or dinners. They are so simple to prepare & will definitely satisfy your hunger.
Chicken Naan Fold Overs Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder/masala
- 2 tablespoons chicken spice
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon dhania powder (coriander powder)
- ¼ jeera powder (cumin powder)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- fresh dhania (coriander) for garnishing (optional)
- Firstly, prepare your naan’s & set aside. I made Whole Wheat Naan for this recipe but you may also make Garlic Naan using plain flour or omit the garlic for the simple plain naan.
- Once the naan’s are prepared, begin rinsing the chicken fillets.
- Chop the fillets into cubes.
- Place the cubed fillets into a bowl & add in the salt, black pepper, chilli powder/masala, chicken spice, tomato sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, tomato paste, ginger & garlic paste, dhania powder (coriander powder), jeera powder (cumin powder) & the mustard.
- Mix well using your hands.
- In a medium sized pot, add in the vegetable oil & the butter & turn the stove to medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, drop in the marinated chicken fillets.
- Mix well & cook for ± 20 minutes. Add water if necessary – not too much as we do not want any gravy to form.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, you can begin preparing the Tomato Cucumber Raita. Leave the Raita in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- When the chicken has cooked, make sure that all the liquid has evaporated. Turn off the heat & set aside.
- Now for the fun part! Place the naan flat down onto a plate or board & spoon the cooked chicken onto one side of the naan.
- Thereafter, spoon some of the Tomato Cucumber Raita over the chicken.
- Finally, fold over the naan.
- Do the same to the other naans, garnish with some fresh dhania (coriander) if you desire & serve.
- It is best to compile the naans with the filling if you are serving immediately as you cannot reheat it whilst the raita is already spooned in, the raita should be cold whilst the naan & the chicken filling is hot.
- These Chicken Naan Fold Overs can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week, although the raita should be consumed immediately as it tends to get very liquidy if kept too long due to the tomatoes added in.