CARROT CAKE MUFFINS
This Recipe Makes 1 Dozen (12) Muffins
If you love carrot cake as much as I do then these Carrot Cake Muffins are perfect for an anytime treat.
These muffins are super easy to make & their healthy too.
I didn’t add any toppings to my muffins but a dollop of cream cheese will go perfectly. Walnuts may also be added to the mixture if you desire.
Carrot Cake Muffins Ingredients:
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°F.
- Peel, rinse & grate the carrots into a bowl. I used the finer side of the grater.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs.
- Add in the maple syrup.
- Pour in the vanilla essence.
- Add in the brown sugar.
- Pour in the buttermilk.
- Add in the melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Add in the grated carrots.
- Next, add in the all purpose flour, baking powder & the cinnamon powder.
- Mix well.
- Grease a muffin tray with either butter or spray & cook. Thereafter you may add cupcake liners if you wish or you can just spoon in the batter without the liners, like I have done.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the Carrot Cake Muffins from the muffin tray & place them on a cooling rack to cool a bit.
- The Carrot Cake Muffins are ready to be served.
- Store them in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Add cream cheese as a topping if preferred.