This Recipe Serves 2-3
Chicken Gravy simply goes with most meals to create that sumptuous taste. The colour of my version isn’t quite the same as a gravy should be but oh boy does it taste amazing!
This gravy is great on it’s own or you can level it up by making some smooth mashed potatoes & dolloping this incredible gravy over it.
There are several recipes available online, & trust me I have tried it all but nothing came close to the that of restaurant quality I was experimenting in the kitchen one day & came up with this delicious recipe which I am sure you’re going to love!
Chicken Gravy Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 stock cube
- 2 ½ tablespoons all purpose flour
- 500 ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the stock cube to a jug. I have used the Knorr brand of Stock Pot Chicken as I find it to be more gelatinous & less dry than the other stock cubes.
- Pour in the boiling water.
- Mix well until combined & set aside.
- Place a medium sized pot or saucepan onto the stove top on medium heat. Add in the butter or margarine & allow it to melt.
- Once the butter or margarine has melted, add in the all purpose flour.
- Mix well until it turns into a thicker consistency. This process will allow the flour to cook down so that you won’t get the raw taste of flour.
- Thereafter, gradually pour in the stock mixture that was prepared earlier, stirring as you go along.
- When you have reached your desired gravy consistency, turn off the heat. Add in the ground black pepper & stir well.
- Your Chicken Gravy is now ready.
- Serve it immediately as it will begin to thicken as it gets colder due to the stock. To reheat simply place it back into a pot or saucepan & heat up adding boiling water as needed to reach your consistency.
- Enjoy it as is, or with some mashed potatoes, Popcorn Chicken, Crunchy Coleslaw or as a side to any meal.. It can also be used in the Famous Bowl.