PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH
This Recipe Serves 6-7
The Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich is a quick & delicious meal. It is otherwise called a Philadelphia cheese steak, cheese steak sandwich, cheese steak, or steak & cheese, is a sandwich produced using meagerly cut bits of beef steak & melted cheese in a long hotdog roll.
The cheese steak was produced in the mid twentieth century “by joining frizzled hamburger, onions, & cheese in a little chunk of bread”.
This meal can be served with fries, baked potatoes, vegetables or salad. As per the image, I chose to serve my Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich with the microwavable version of the baked potato.
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich Ingredients:
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 ½ bell peppers (I used 3 different colours & ½ of each)
- aromat for seasoning (salt can be used instead)
- peri peri sauce of your choice – quantity depends on how spicy you want it to be
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- Amina’s steak & chops marinade (Prepare your own marinade if you do not have this)
- 3 cups of grated cheese – I used Gouda
- 1kg beef steak (± 4 beef steaks)
- ½ tomato, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons butter + butter for spreading
- 6-7 hotdog rolls
- Chop up the steak into strips & marinate in Amina’s marinade or prepare your own with ginger & garlic paste, chilli powder & a few other spices. Marinate the steak for about an hour.
- Once the steak has marinated, use a hot pan or electric pan & place the butter & allow to melt. Add in onions, peppers & tomatoes & sauté.
- Drop in the marinated beef strips & stir. Let the steak cook & then season with aromat or salt & the dry herbs. Mix well & cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Drop in the peri peri sauce & mix well then add in the grated cheese & cover allowing the cheese to melt. Once the cheese has melted, mix it all well.
- Cut up the rolls & butter the inside & toast them butter-side down. Fill the rolls with the steak & serve.