This Recipe Makes 4 Quesadillas
Chicken quesadilla is a really quick meal & can be served at any time of day.
A quesadilla is a tortilla, that is loaded with cheese & afterwards grilled. Different ingredients are regularly included then they are cooked on a skillet, press or electric pan. A full quesadilla includes two tortillas loaded with cheese & stacked on top of each other. Halves are an individual tortilla loaded with cheese & collapsed into a half-moon shape.
Pronunciation: kesa’ dee-ya
Chicken Quesadilla Ingredients:
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Amina’s Tandoori marinade (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dhania powder
- 1 tablespoon masala or paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons chicken spice
- 2-3 cups cheese, grated
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup sauce of your choice
- Rinse chicken breast pieces.
- Cut the breasts into small chunks & place in a bowl.
- Marinate the chicken chunks with a marinade of your choice. I have marinated mine with Amina’s Tandoori marinade. Rub the marinate into the chicken, using your hands.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerate & allow for the chicken to marinate for an hour or more.
- Once the chicken has completely marinated, heat the butter in a medium sized pot on medium heat & add in the marinated chicken.
- Add in the dhania powder, chicken spice, masala, salt, dried herbs & ginger & garlic paste.
- Give it a good mix so that all the ingredients are combined.
- Cover with a lid & allow for the chicken to cook. Keep an eye on it as you do not want the chicken to burn.
- Stir occasionally.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, you can start preparing your tortillas. (If you have store bought tortillas then continue with the chicken).
- When chicken is cooked throughout, remove from heat & allow to cool a bit.
- Place the tortilla on a skillet, press or an electric pan. (I have used an electric pan). Do not turn the heat on as yet.
- Using a teaspoon, spread the sauce of your choice on the tortilla. (Pasta sauce is a good option or anything spicy).
- Spread a layer of grated cheese over the sauced tortilla.
- Place the cooked chicken chunks over the cheese.
- Add in the chopped bell peppers.
- Sprinkle over a little more dried herbs. (optional).
- As an added option, sprinkle some feta cheese as well. (optional).
- Top off with more grated cheese. The cheese acts as a glue to hold the quesadilla together.
- Turn on the heat of the skillet, presser or electric pan being used at medium heat.
- Place another tortilla over this masterpiece.
- Carefully press the tortillas together, avoiding any spillage of the ingredients but allowing for the cheese to melt & stick the tortillas together. I have used a spatula to press them together.
- After about a minute or so, or when the cheese has melted, flip the tortilla’d sandwich over to toast the other tortilla.
- Once tortillas are toasted & cheese has melted well, carefully remove from heat & set on a plate.
- Cut horizontally & vertically,creating 4 almost triangular shapes.
- Serve hot.
- Goes best with a side of freshly fried chips.