LAYERED CHICKEN STEAKLET GNOCCHI PASTA
This Recipe Serves 4-6
This Layered Chicken Steaklet Gnocchi Pasta is a twist away from the plain old lasagna dishes. It is a quick & easy dish that the whole family will love.
Pasta is a staple food of customary Italian cooking. It is additionally generally used to allude to the assortment of pasta dishes. Pasta is, regularly a noodle produced using an unleavened mixture of a durum wheat flour blended with water & framed into sheets or different shapes, then cooked & served in any number of dishes.
Layered Chicken Steaklet Gnocchi Pasta Ingredients:
- 4 chicken steaklets
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil + additional 2 teaspoons for pasta
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 jam/rosa tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 250 grams cottage cheese or 250 grams ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cheese as per your choice – I have used 1 cup gouda & 1 cup mozzarella
- 250 grams gnocchi pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken spice
- Heat a pot of water. Add salt to taste & allow for the water to boil. Once it reaches a boil, add in the pasta & 2 teaspoons of cooking oil. Mix well & allow the pasta to cook for about 10 minutes. Strain the cooked pasta in a colander & set aside.
- Blanch tomatoes in the microwave & chop the onion.
- Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a pot & drop in the onions.
- Add the blanched tomatoes to the onions & cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken spice, garlic powder & dried mixed herbs.
- Drop in the tomato sauce and mix well until combined. This is now a simple marinara sauce.
- Next empty the contents of ricotta or cottage cheese into a bowl & crack an egg into it.
- Mix well until combined & set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet & fry the chicken steaklets until crisp & cooked throughout.
- Grate cheese & set aside.
- Get a large casserole that it oven safe & begin layering the pasta dish.
- First start by layering a coat of the marinara sauce.
- Then spread a layer of the gnocchi pasta.
- Coat the pasta with a layer of the ricotta/cottage cheese & egg mixture.
- Sprinkle some cheese.
- Add more marinara sauce.
- Gently place the fried chicken steaklets over & cut if necessary to fill in gaps.
- Sprinkle over more cheese.
- Layer over more pasta.
- Spread the last layer of ricotta/cottage cheese & egg mixture.
- Spread the final layer of marinara sauce.
- Top off with remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven at 180º C for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy whilst cheese is gooey & hot.