This Recipe Serves 2-3
Chicken Chutney is a quick & easy dish to prepare.
Chicken Chutney Ingredients:
- ± 2-3 chicken breast fillets
- ½ teaspoon jeera seeds
- 1 sprig thyme
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon ginger & garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ cup fresh dhania (coriander), chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2-4 green chillies (depending on how spicy you want the chutney)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 4-5 tomatoes, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs (optional)
- 1 onion
- Rinse chicken fillets & then cut into pieces. Place in a bowl & set aside.
- Grate tomatoes in a bowl/dish. To grate tomatoes, simply slice tomatoes in halves & grate only the flesh of the tomatoes. Discard of the peel.
- Chop onion & set aside.
- Slit green chillies & set aside.
- Turn stove-top on to medium heat. In a medium-large pot, add in the cooking oil followed by the onions & green chillies.
- Allow it to simmer for a minute & then add in the thyme, curry leaves, turmeric powder, jeera seeds, chilli powder & ginger & garlic paste.
- Mix well & add water if necessary. Allow the spices to simmer for another minute.
- Thereafter, add in the grated tomatoes.
- Mix well & allow the tomatoes to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add in dried mixed herbs (optional) & the white sugar. Mix well.
- Then add in the chicken pieces.
- Mix well & allow the chicken to cook for 25 minutes until tender. Add water if necessary.
- When the chicken is cooked, add salt to taste & gently stir.
- Turn off the heat & garnish with fresh coriander (dhania).
- Enjoy this Chicken Chutney with bread, rice, roti or phutu.
- I served my Chicken Chutney with phutu.
- This dish also goes well as a side to a breakfast meal. I served it with fried mushrooms & Indian Scrambled Eggs.