GNOCCHI CHICKEN STEAKLET PASTA
This Recipe Serves 1
Gnocchi Chicken Steaklet Pasta is something that I found quiet easy to prepare for lunch. It looks appetizing & tastes even better.
Gnocchi are different thick, delicate dough dumplings which are a type of pasta. Gnocchi can be obtained ready made from markets or they can be hand made. Their readiness is like pasta as they are cooked by boiling & after that presented with a sauce.
Chicken Steaklets are chicken breast fillet portions coated with a tasty, crispy crumb & are sometimes filled with a succulent sauce.
Pronunciation: noh-kee, naw-kee
Gnocchi Chicken Steaklet Pasta Ingredients:
- ¼ cup gnocchi pasta
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil + additional 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- rough salt to taste
- boiling water
- 1 piece chicken steaklet with sauce filling or plain chicken steaklet (if you are using the plain chicken steaklet, a sauce will need to be prepared to accompany this meal).
- 2 teaspoons fresh spring onions, chopped
- In a medium sized pot, add water & bring to a boil. (I find that boiling the water in a kettle first & then pouring the boiled water into the pot, speeds up the process).
- Add in about a tablespoon of rough salt.
- Once the water is at a boil, drop in the pasta.
- Add in the cooking oil. This helps the pasta from not sticking together.
- This cooks in about 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a pan or skillet & drop in a teaspoon of cooking oil.
- Fry the chicken steaklet. I usually get the Country Fair ones with garlic sauce inside of them.
- Fry each side for about 3-4 minutes. Careful not to spill the sauce inside the steaklet.
- When fried, place on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- When pasta is al dente (not too hard & not too soft), check if the salt is okay & add more if necessary.
- Strain the pasta in a colander.
- Place drained pasta in a medium sized bowl.
- Add in the butter whilst the pasta is still hot.
- Thereafter, add in the mixed herbs & toss well.
- Place the pasta into a lunch box, or a plate. (Since I have prepared this dish for lunch, I have placed it in a lunch box).
- Add the fried chicken steaklet over the pasta.
- Garnish with fresh spring onions.