STERI STUMPIE WHITE CHOCOLATE BURFEE
This Recipe Makes ±25 Small Blocks
Steri Stumpie White Chocolate Burfee is a delicious Indian fudge.
This dessert is best prepared in advance, to allow it to set well. There are many recipes by which this treat can set within an hour or two but given the liquid quantity in this recipe, I would advise leaving it overnight in the refrigerator.
Steri Stumpie White Chocolate Burfee Ingredients:
- 500 ml (2 cups) Steri Stumpie White Chocolate, Plus Thick Flavoured Milk
- 140 grams dessert or cooking cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons cardamom (elachi) powder
- 125 grams butter
- 2 cups icing (confectionery) sugar
- 4 cups milk powder (Klim)
- 1 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- food colouring as needed for the almonds
- Sliver or chop almonds. Divide them into equal parts into separate bowl, depending on how many shades of food colouring will be used. I have divided them into three parts.
- Use a teaspoon each of food colouring & colour the almonds.
- Set aside.
- Add the milk powder (Klim) into a mixing bowl.
- To the milk powder, pour in the dessert or cooking cream.
- Mix well using your hands until it forms a paste. Set aside.
- Next, heat a pot or saucepan on the stove-top on medium-high heat. Add the butter to the pot/saucepan.
- Shake & pour the Steri Stumpie White Chocolate Flavoured Milk to the pot/saucepan.
- Add in the cardamom (elachi) powder.
- Add in the icing (confectionery) sugar.
- Mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil until it becomes slightly thick & reaches a sticky consistency.
- Remove the pot/saucepan from the heat.
- Add in the cream & milk powder paste.
- Mix well until dissolved. A hand blender may be used if required.
- Place the pot/saucepan back onto the heat & stir continuously to remove any lumps.
- After 5 minutes of stirring, remove from heat.
- There should still be some stubborn lumps, simply pour the mixture through a sieve, just to get rid of any excess clumps that may still remain in the mixture.
- The mixture should be smooth & creamy.
- Grease a casserole with spraying oil.
- Pour the mixture into the greased casserole.
- Sprinkle the coloured almonds over.
- Place into the refrigerator for overnight for best results.
- Once the Steri Stumpie White Chocolate Burfee is thoroughly set, remove from the refrigerator.
- It should be firm if you press down on it with your finger.
- Cut as desired.
- Store this Steri Stumpie White Chocolate Burfee in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- If you love Steri Stumpie desserts, be sure to try out the Steri Stumpie Chocolate Malva Pudding.