BUFFALO CHICKEN SWEET POTATO
This Recipe Serves 2
Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato is a quick & easy meal that is satisfying & delicious. This meal can be served as lunch or dinner.
If you’re out of time & still want to have a great meal then this recipe is your go to. The sweet potato & the chicken coated in the buffalo sauce is an amazing combination.
Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Ingredients:
- 3 chicken fillets
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chicken spice
- water as required
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup hot sauce of your choice (preferably red in colour)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ½ cup plain yoghurt or maas (sour milk)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white spirit vinegar
- Add the chicken fillets to a pot with a little water, thyme, ginger & garlic paste, salt, vegetable oil & the chicken spice.
- Steam the chicken for about 12-15 minutes until cooked. Drain & set aside.
- Shred the chicken by either pulling it apart with your hands or by simply using two forks & pulling the chicken into shreds. Place the shredded chicken into a bowl.
- Add the butter to a pan.
- Allow it to melt on medium heat.
- When the butter has completely melted, add in the garlic powder.
- Mix well.
- Next, pour in the hot sauce.
- Mix well,
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir & set aside.
- Add the plain youghurt or maas (sour milk) to a bowl.
- Add the chopped parsley to the bowl.
- Next, add in the salt, lemon juice, vinegar & the sugar.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate the dressing until ready to use.
- Thoroughly wash the sweet potatoes & thereafter pierce holes in a straight line across the potato using a fork.
- Next, place the sweet potato in a plastic bag & microwave on high for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you may use the longer method of boiling the sweet potato on the stove top if preferred.
- Carefully remove the sweet potato once cooked & set on a plate.
- Remember those holes that were made with the fork? Use a knife & slit along that line, but careful not to cut the potato in half.
- Next, go back to the buffalo sauce & the shredded chicken. Pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken.
- Mix well.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the sweet potatoes.
- Top with the dressing.
- Garnish with some parsley.
- Serve & enjoy your Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato.