SPICY BEEF CURRY
This Indian Recipe Serves 4-5
Spicy beef curry is a delicious meal. It’s considered as a boneless meat curry. This dish will make your taste buds tingle with happiness with the blend of fragrant herbs & flavors.
As a supplement dense red meat, beef contains various supplements that are basic to the improvement & support of key capacities in the human body.
In addition, beef gives an outstanding measure of selenium to the eating regimen, a supplement basic to the human cell reinforcement resistance framework.
Beef likewise contains a prominent measure of healthy fats that are imperative to human capacities.
Spicy Beef Curry Ingredients:
- 6 pieces tenderized steak
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Amina’s Steak & Chops Marinade (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons garam masala
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 curry leaves
- ½ teaspoon jeera seeds
- ¼ teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon dhania powder
- 2 tablespoons Kashmiri chillii powder
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 jam/rosa tomatoes
- 2 potatoes (optional)
- 1 star aniseed
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- fresh dhania (coriander) for garnishing
- Rinse steak pieces.
- Cut steak into small chunks & place into a bowl/dish.
- Marinate beef chunks with Amina’s marinade or alternatively mix spices & create your own marinade. Use your hands to rub the marinade into the meat. Refrigerate for an hour or longer.
- Once marinated, remove from the refrigerator.
- Chop onions & blanch tomatoes. (Click here for method on blanching tomatoes). Alternatively, chop tomatoes.
- Set pureed tomatoes aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium/large pot.
- Add in the onions & fry until translucent.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, jeera seeds, star aniseed & curry leaves to the pot.
- Fry for a minute & then add in the curry powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, dhania powder, jeera powder, chilli powder & ginger & garlic paste.
- Add ¼ cup water. Allow this to simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the pureed tomatoes.
- Mix well & allow the tomatoes to cook for about 10 minutes.
- In the time being, peel & slice potatoes in halves if using them in this dish. Place potatoes in a bowl of water & set aside.
- When tomatoes have cooked, add in the marinated beef chunks.
- Mix well & allow to cook for about 20-30 minutes on medium heat.
- Add in more water to allow the meat to cook.
- When the beef is cooked throughout, drop in the potatoes & discard of the water it has been soaking in.
- Once potatoes are soft & melting, remove from heat & garnish with dhania (coriander).
- Serve with rice, bread or roti & salad.
- I have included a cucumber salad to accompany this meal.