GREEN BEANS CURRY
This Indian Food Recipe Serves 1-2
Green Beans Curry is a popular vegetarian dish in most Indian homes. The Indian culture most certainly love their vegetables & this dish is by far the easiest to prepare.
Green beans, otherwise called string beans, or snap beans in the northeastern and western United States, are the unripe leafy foods cases of different cultivars of the regular bean (Phaseolus vulgaris). They are eaten far & wide, & are promoted canned, solidified, & fresh. Green beans are regularly steamed, boiled, curried, stir-fried or prepared in casseroles.
Green Beans Curry Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 250 grams fresh green beans
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star aniseed
- ½ cup peas
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 teaspoon coriander (dhania) powder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Wash green beans & break the ends off on either side (just a tiny bit so that the stems are out).
- Cut green beans in a diagonal form with a small knife or just simply break the green beans into about 10cm pieces.
- Chop up the onions.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pot & add in the chopped onions, thyme, curry leaves, star aniseed, bay leaf & cinnamon stick, Allow to braise for about 2 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Next, add in the ground spices (garam masala, dhania powder, jeera powder & chilli powder). Mix & allow to braise for a minute. Do not let the spices burn, Add a bit of water if necessary, not too much.
- Drop in tomatoes, mix well & allow to cook until tomatoes are soft & cooked throughout.
- Drop in cut green beans & add some water (i prefer using boiling water). Keep an eye on the green beans as you need to add water if it dries up.
- Cook the green beans for about 10 minutes & then drop in the peas.
- Mix well & allow to cook until green beans are soft & cooked throughout.
- Allow for most of the liquid to be evaporated.
- You may also add in potatoes if you wish. Peel, rinse & cut potatoes & drop into the pot with the peas & allow to cook until potatoes are soft.
- Best enjoyed with rice, bread, roti or puri.