NANDOS STYLE CHICKEN BURGER
This South African Recipe Makes 2 Burgers
Nandos Style Chicken Burger is simply divine & is enjoyed by many local citizens of South Africa, as well as a huge amount of foreigners.
Nando’s is well known all through South Africa for its fabulous butterfly cut, Peri-Peri chicken but their burgers are always a must have too.
This recipe will have you preparing chicken burgers on a regular basis. It can be altered in taste using the variety of Nandos sauces. Don’t forget – to make it really authentic, it’s best to have Portuguese rolls but if it isn’t easily available to you then any other regular buns will do.
Nandos Style Chicken Burger Ingredients:
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 3 ½ tablespoons hot sauce – preferably Nandos Peri Peri sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- 2 slices tomato
- Lettuce as needed
- 2 Portuguese rolls or any hamburger buns
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Rinse chicken breasts & set aside.
- Poke a few holes into the chicken breasts using a knife. This will allow the marinade to soak into the chicken.
- Add in the salt, ground black pepper, chicken spice, lemon juice, hot sauce & ginger & garlic paste.
- Mix well & set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of marinating the chicken, add the vegetable oil to a pan or a skillet & once the oil is hot enough, carefully place the chicken into the oil.
- Fry the chicken until golden on each side. Approximately 3-4 minutes frying time on each side.
- Lay foil onto a baking tray & grease with a little spray & cook. Thereafter place the chicken over.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 10 minutes at 180° Celsius. Remove & set aside.
- Next is preparing the perinnaise. Add the mayonnaise & 2 ½ tablespoons hot sauce to a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Begin assembling the Nandos Style Chicken Burger.
- Cut each bun in half & spread the remaining hot sauce onto the bottom half of the buns.
- Add some lettuce over the sauce.
- Place slices of tomatoes over.
- Thereafter, add the chicken.
- Top with slices of cheese.
- Finally add the perinnaise.
- Cover with the other half of the buns & your Nandos Style Chicken Burger is ready to tuck in to.
- Take note that these burgers are highly addictive as the chicken is moist & juicy when biting into it.
- Serve these Nandos Style Chicken Burger with chips (fries) or any other sides such as, Nandos style chicken livers, Nandos Style Chicken Spicy Rice.