DEBONAIRS STYLE CHICKEN & MUSHROOM SUBS
This Copycat Recipe Serves 4-6
If you haven’t tried these Debonairs Style Chicken & Mushroom Subs then head into your kitchen as soon as you can & start prepping.
This recipe isn’t 100% the same recipe as Debonairs as we don’t really have their secret sauce recipe but I will tell you this much…it’s delicious. You get to choose how much and how less of the ingredients you really want in your sub & it’s in the comfort of your own home.
Debonairs Style Chicken & Mushroom Subs are super easy to prepare & is also great for game nights.
Debonairs Style Chicken & Mushroom Subs Ingredients:
- 3 chicken fillets
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup cheese of your choice
- 1 tomato
- 6 hot dog rolls or 30cm baguettes
- 1 onion
- ± 5 mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chicken spice
- dried mixed herbs or parsley for garnishing
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- Rinse the chicken fillets & add to a small pot.
- Add the chicken spice, salt & thyme to the pot.
- Next, add in the ginger & garlic paste.
- Pour in a little water until it is almost covering the chicken fillets.
- Add in the vegetable oil & stir.
- Cover the pot with a lid & allow the chicken too steam on medium heat until cooked.
- Once the chicken has cooked, turn off the heat & set aside to cool.
- Whilst the chicken is cooling, peel & dice the onion.
- Rinse & dice the tomato.
- Peel off the top layer of the mushrooms, rinse & slice.
- Grate the cheese of your choice. I have used Gouda.
- When the chicken has cooled, either shred it using your hands or simply use two forks & pull it apart.
- Add the shredded chicken to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the diced onions & tomatoes to the shredded chicken.
- Thereafter, add in the sliced mushrooms & the grated cheese.
- Lastly, drop in the mayonnaise.
- Mix well.
- Slice the hot dog rolls or the baguette if you have that on hand.
- Fill the rolls up with the chicken mixture.
- Place the rolls into a greased casserole or baking tray. I greased a casserole with spray & cook.
- Finally, sprinkle some dried mixed herbs or parsley over each sub.
- Place the casserole or baking tray into an oven & bake these subs for 20 minutes at 80° Celsius until the cheese has melted. Make sure they do not get too browned.
- Voila, you have your very own Debonairs Style Chicken & Mushroom Subs.
- Enjoy with some smoothies.
- Reheat in the oven.