KFC STYLE GRAVY
This Recipe Serves 2-3
KFC Style Gravy is my copycat version of the original KFC Gravy. The colour of my version isn’t quite the same but oh boy does it taste amazing!
This gravy is great on it’s own or you can level it up by making some smooth mashed potatoes & dolloping this incredible gravy over it.
There are several recipes available online, & trust me I have tried it all but nothing came close to resemble KFC’s gravy. I was experimenting in the kitchen one day & came up with this delicious recipe which I am sure you’re going to love!
KFC Style Gravy Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 stock cube
- 2 ½ tablespoons all purpose flour
- 500 ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the stock cube to a jug. I have used the Knorr brand of Stock Pot Chicken as I find it to be more gelatinous & less dry than the other stock cubes.
- Pour in the boiling water.
- Mix well until combined & set aside.
- Place a medium sized pot or saucepan onto the stove top on medium heat. Add in the butter or margarine & allow it to melt.
- Once the butter or margarine has melted, add in the all purpose flour.
- Mix well until it turns into a thicker consistency. This process will allow the flour to cook down so that you won’t get the raw taste of flour.
- Thereafter, gradually pour in the stock mixture that was prepared earlier, stirring as you go along.
- When you have reached your desired gravy consistency, turn off the heat. Add in the ground black pepper & stir well.
- Your KFC Style Gravy is now ready.
- Serve it immediately as it will begin to thicken as it gets colder due to the stock. To reheat simply place it back into a pot or saucepan & heat up adding boiling water as needed to reach your consistency.
- Enjoy it as is, or with some mashed potatoes, KFC Style Popcorn Chicken, KFC Style Coleslaw or as a side to any meal.. It can also be used in the KFC Style Famous Bowl.