GAMBAS AL AJILLO
This Spanish Recipe Serves 3-4
Gambas Al Ajillo (garlic shrimp) is a mainstream Spanish dish discovered basically in the south & focal point of Spain. The essential ingredients comprise of shrimp, garlic & olive oil however there are numerous varieties. It’s regularly served in Spain’s tapas bars as a hors d’oeuvre. Notwithstanding, this dish is popular to the point that it’s sporadically offered as an entrée.
Gambas Al Ajillo Ingredients:
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5-7 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 1 kg shrimps or prawns, peeled & deveined
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Over high heat, place a large, shallow skillet.
- Warm the Olive Oil & the Butter in the heated skillet.
- Mince the garlic, or finely chop it up.
- Drop in the Shrimp & Garlic & sauté rapidly for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the lemon juice, paprika, dried herbs, pepper flakes, & the salt & pepper to taste.
- Alter seasonings to your liking.
- Plate on warmed serving dish, sprinkle with the parsley & serve whilst hot. Can be served with fresh warmed bread.