ROMANY CREAMS CUSTARD DESSERT
This Dessert Recipe Serves 1-2
This Romany Creams Custard Dessert is so refreshing & delicious. The texture is creamy & smooth, almost like a pudding without all the effort & mess.
In South Africa, Romany Creams is a traditional coconut infused chocolate biscuit (cookie) which is sandwiched together with milk chocolate.
Romany Creams Custard Dessert Ingredients:
- 200 grams Romany Creams biscuits
- 2 cups custard
- 200 ml fresh cream
- Whip out your box of Romany Creams biscuits.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor or blender – be sure to keep 2 whole biscuits aside without crushing them, this will be used at a later stage.
- Crush the biscuits until they are fine & crumbly.
- Thereafter, pour in the fresh cream.
- Blend the fresh cream & the biscuits until combined.
- It should resemble a thick pudding-like paste.
- Using a transparent dessert bowl, glass or wine glass like I have used, spoon in a little of the crushed biscuit mixture.
- Next, top the biscuit mixture with a layer of custard.
- Add more of the biscuit mixture over the layer of custard.
- Lastly, top with more custard. You always want the custard layer to be the very last layer on top for aesthetic purposes.
- Remember those whole biscuits we left aside earlier? Dunk one whole Romany Creams biscuit in the custard. It isn’t necessary, but it gives this Romany Creams Custard Dessert the extra touch.
- Serve chilled.
- Notice all the beautiful layers after this dessert is put together, hence the reason to which it’s best prepared in a transparent bowl or glass.
- These Romany Creams Custard Dessert lasts for a day so be sure to enjoy them when they are freshly prepared. If kept in the refrigerator for a long time, the fresh cream begins to give out excess water, making this dessert watery.