This South African Food Recipe Serves 4-5
Peppermint Tart is a sweet & cold South African dessert. It is creamy & rich with a minty flavor that will leave you satisfied with just a small portion. Homemade Peppermint Tart is really easy to make & isn’t time consuming.
Peppermint Tart Ingredients:
- 2 x 200g Original Bakers Tennis Biscuits
- 1 x 360g Nestlé Caramel Treat
- 1 x 150g Nestlé Peppermint Crisp
- 1 x 250ml Clover Fresh Cream
- In a large bowl, drop in Nestlé Caramel Treat & mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, drop in Clover Fresh Cream & lightly whisk.
- Thereafter, combine the Nestlé Caramel Treat & the Clover Fresh Cream, mix well & set aside.
- Depending on how sweet you would like this Peppermint Tart to be, grate half of the Nestlé Peppermint Crisp slab into the caramel & fresh cream mixture (half of this slab will make the tart very rich).
- Mix well.
- In a deep casserole, lay out the Original Bakers Tennis Biscuits & then evenly pour over a little of the mixture making sure that all of the biscuits are covered.
- Next, lay over more Original Bakers Tennis Biscuits & once again pour the mixture over.
- Do this until all of the mixture is finished & making sure to end with the mixture as the Original Bakers Tennis Biscuits should not be on top.
- Grate the remaining Nestlé Peppermint Crisp over the mixture layer.
- Cover the casserole with a lid or saran wrap (cling film/wrap) & allow for it to set in the refrigerator for ± 4 hours.
Note: To add a little more flavor, I personally crumble some Bakers Nuttikrust Biscuits in between layers.