WHITE POTATO FRY
This Recipe Serve 2-3
White Potato Fry is a softly prepared potato dish spiced with impactful seasonings & embellished with herbs & spices. This adaptable dish can be prepared for those fasting days & is an ideal meal for those veggie lovers.
Unlike the usual potato curry, this White Potato Fry is white in colour as the name states.
White Potato Fry Ingredients:
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ onion, slivered
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon jeera (cumin) seeds
- ½ teaspoon fennel (soomph) seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Firstly you will need to peel & rinse the potatoes.
- Next, slice the potatoes so that they resemble an ovular shape.
- Slice the potatoes by about an inch in thickness.
- Thereafter, peel & sliver onions.
- Rinse & chop green chillies.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a medium sized pot. When the oil is hot enough, drop in the onions, garlic clove, green chillies, thyme, red chilli flakes, jeera (cumin) seeds & fennel (soomph) seeds.
- Mix well & allow to simmer until the onions are translucent.
- Thereafter, drop in the sliced potatoes.
- Mix well, coating the potatoes in all of the spices. Cover with the pot lid.
- Add a little water if necessary, this will prevent the potatoes sticking to the surface of the pot.
- When the potatoes are almost soft, season with salt as per taste & add in the rosemary & dried mixed herbs.
- Gently combine & allow for the potatoes to cook throughout.
- When the potatoes are all soft, remove from the heat. I like to garnish my White Potato Fry with a little of red chilli flakes to give it some pop in colour.
- This dish can be refrigerated for up to a week.
- White Potato Fry can be served as is with bread, rice, roti or naan & also goes well as a side dish for other meals including yellow split pea dhall.