NANDOS STYLE CHICKEN SPICY RICE
This Indian Recipe Serves 4
Anybody that has ever been to Nando’s will know how amazingly delicious their Spicy Rice is. This homemade Nandos Style Chicken Spicy Rice is similar to the chicken strips & spicy rice although this recipe has cubed chicken which makes it easier to enjoy.
Nando’s Spicy rice is basically rice that is cooked with spices that add a distinct flavour.
Nandos Style Chicken Spicy Rice Ingredients:
- 1 cup white rice (basmati or parboiled can be used) – I used parboiled rice
- salt to taste
- ½ of each coloured bell peppers (red, green, yellow)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 4 skinless chicken breast pieces
- 2 medium jam/rosa tomato
- 1 teaspoon dhania powder
- ½ bottle of Nandos peri peri sauce of your choice – I used Nandos Extra Hot flavour.
- ¼ bottle Minnies chicken tikka sauce (if using an entire bottle of Nandos sauce, this can be excluded)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ bottle Maggi Chilli sauce (if using an entire bottle of Nandos sauce, this can be excluded)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 teaspoons chicken spice
- Add rice to a pot.
- Rinse rice for about 5 times until water runs clear.
- Fill the pot with water & bring the rice to a boil on medium heat.
- Add the turmeric powder to the rice. This will give the rice the yellow colour. Also add salt.
- When rice is fully cooked, strain in a colander & set aside.
- Rinse the chicken breasts.
- Cut the breast pieces into cubes.
- Place the cubes chicken into a bowl & marinade with the Nandos sauce & all the spices. (If using the other sauces mentioned, then marinade with those as well).
- Mix well & refrigerate for an hour or more.
- In a large pot, add the butter. Leave on medium heat.
- When butter begins to melt, spread it on the entire surface of the pot & add in the marinated chicken.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, adding a little water if necessary. Do not let the sauces burn & dry out.
- Blanch the tomatoes in the microwave & add to the pot.
- Mix well & allow the tomatoes to cook. Again, be sure not to let the sauces burn or dry out.
- When the tomatoes have cooked, add in the bell peppers.
- Mix well & cook for a further 5-8 minutes.
- Add more sauce if necessary.
- Add salt to taste.
- Drop in 1 spoon of the cooked rice at a time to the pot of chicken.
- Mix as you add a spoon of rice at a time, coating all the rice grains.
- Serve in a separate bowl, if your’e looking to present it well.
- Garnish with edible leaves.
- Goes well with Nandos Chicken Livers.