MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE
This Recipe Serves 5-6
Who doesn’t love a Moist Chocolate Cake? This Moist Chocolate Cake recipe will have you baking it ever so often.
One bite & you’ll see why this velvety beauty is worth making. This cake is so moist & by far the best chocolate cake I’ve ever tasted.
Moist Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 50 grams (4 tablespoons) butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 ½ teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup milk
For the topping:
- 75 grams plain chocolate
- 4 tablespoons milk or fresh cream
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius or 356° Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a baking tin by greasing it with a little spray & bake or butter & set aside. Note that if you are using a non stick tin as I am, it would be better to use butter instead of the spray as the spray can stain the non stick tin.
- Next, add the butter to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the butter for about 30 seconds, until the butter as melted. Set aside & allow to cool.
- Thereafter, add the flour, bicarbonate of soda & the baking powder to a large mixing bowl.
- Then pour in the castor sugar.
- Next, add in the cocoa powder.
- Add in the salt.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients well & set aside.
- In a big measuring jug or a bowl if you prefer, add in the instant coffee granules.
- Pour in the boiling water.
- Thereafter, pour in the milk. One large coffee done, don’t drink it though, its for the cake!
- Pour the vegetable oil to the coffee mix.
- Add the vanilla essence to the oily coffee mix.
- Remember the melted butter from the beginning?.Add the melted butter to the coffee mix.
- If the mixture is a bit cool then crack in the eggs & beat together for a minute using a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients (coffee mixture) to the dry ingredients (flour mixture).
- Combine well but do not over mix.
- It should form a delicious cake batter. This batter is a bit runny but don’t worry, it’s going to turn out divine.
- Pour the chocolate cake batter into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minute at 180° Celsius or 356° Fahrenheit.
- Gently stick a skewer or a knife through the cake, if it comes out clean then your Moist Chocolate Cake is ready, if not then allow it to bake for a few minutes longer with supervision.
- Carefully remove the cake from the baking tin when it’s cool to touch. Gently flip the cake over, be careful as it is very fragile.
- Allow the cake to cool, in the time being, prepare the chocolate topping.
- In a microwavable safe bowl, break the chocolate pieces & add to the bowl. I used Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate for this ganache.
- Next, add in the milk or fresh cream. You may add more of needed but i prefer a thicker consistency of the ganach.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove & give it a mix. Make sure the spoon you’re using to mix isn’t wet as this could seize the ganach & make it unusable.
- Stick it back into the microwave & this time when you remove & stir, it should be melted & ready to use.
- Spoon the chocolate ganach over the cake & spread evenly.
- Using a big knife, carefully slice the cake into cubes or however you prefer.
- Plate & serve this delicious Moist Chocolate Cake as is or with a side of whipped cream or ice cream.
- Store this Moist Chocolate Cake in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 1 week.