This British Dessert Recipe Serves 4-6
Banoffee pie is an English dessert pie produced using bananas, cream & toffee. This dessert originated in Britain & is so delicious, it will have you wanting more.
Banoffee Pie Ingredients:
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 250 grams digestive biscuits, crushed
- Grated chocolate
- 300ml whipping cream
- 1 tin Nestle Caramel Treat – Banoffee flavor
- 4 small bananas
- Cherries for decorating (optional)
- Melted chocolate for drizzling
- Crush digestive biscuits in sealed plastic bag. Drop crushed biscuits into a large bowl. Add the butter & mix well.
- Utilizing a casserole or cake tin with a removable base, spoon the crumbs into the base of the dish/cake tin & about most of the way up the sides to shape a pie shell.
- Chill for 10 minutes.
- Spread the caramel over the base & then chill for 60 minutes, until firm.
- Cut bananas & spot over the caramel. Spoon whipped cream over banana cuts.
- Finish with cherries (optional) , drizzled chocolate & grated chocolate.